Friday 1 May 2009

Almost done...


Well, my Dark Fae, Raena is almost done. This is Vala's sister. Older sister I think?
I still have a little to do on her, like adding fingernails and attaching a clear nylon fishingline to her back so she can hang suspended from the cealing. I'm quite pleased with her. But not the photo! I must rig up a nice setting for her and take some really good photos. This one doesn't do her justice at all but I did so want to show her off!
Raena, like Vala, is pretty gothic looking but slightly more colourful with her striped dress and her dark red wings. I was watching Tim Burtons Sweeny Todd at the time I was dressing her and was inspired by Mrs Lovett's dresses. Raena is made from the same pattern as Vala but the legs have been altered and she is wearing a proper tailored dress. Valas dress was just strips of dyed cheese cloth. And I just had to give her pony tails. My daughters said; Oooo look! She's got punk pony tails!! I like that. Punk pony tails..... :O)

4 comments:

bub said...

What a "babe"


Hoopie

Unknown said...

Awesome doll, and what a figure!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow she is beautiful and she looks big in the picture. How tall is she?

Sarah Pattison said...

Hi and thank your for the kudos girls! Glad you liked her. :O)
Actually Raena isn't that big. From the top of her wings to her toes she is about 21". I guess it's her wings that make her look big! The are quite big as they are dragon wings and dragons do tend to have BIG wings.

Original Altered World Dolls