Wednesday 1 April 2009

Vala's sister in the making...

So, I finally got cracking and have made a start on Vala's sister. Vala said she was missing her.... :O)


I decided to do her a bit differently from Vala. I have used the same pattern (changed the legs) but given her different clothes and a different colour scheme. I went for red and black in this doll as opposed to the greys I used for Vala. This new doll has a tidier look than Vala but is still quite gothic. I found this lovely stripy fabric in my quilting stash and instantly knew that this would be the "over dress". Distressed black cheese cloth for the under skirt together with soft tulle netting. Same black knee high boots as Vala and same make up on the face. I gave this doll orange eyes and red lips to go with the red in her dress. Her hair isn't done yet. I've just stacked some loose yarn on top of her head. I'm thinking that I will use the same white yarn as i did for Vala as it seemes to give the dolls a quite other worldly look. I did try putting black yarn on this doll but didn't like it.
Wings are in the making too (you can just spot them at the bottom in one of the photos). They are going to be dark red with bits of black. I'm busy making them at the moment. They take FOREVER as there is sooooo much sewing but it is worth it in the end!


1 comment:

Bonnie Lee Fontaine said...

Oh, she's coming out VERY cool. Just hope the sisters don't take over now, they look like they could be a force to be reckoned with...Thank you for the lovely comment on my Juliet. You CAN make clay dolls, just start! :o)

Original Altered World Dolls