Wednesday 8 April 2009

Sock Faeries galore...

I'd held my first dollmaking class at a quilt fair this autumn just past and even though a few of the die hard quilters that organized the fair had initially turned their noses up at having a class that had nothing to do with quilting it was a succes. I was soooooo nervous never having held a dollmaking class before but it went fine and both I and my students had a great time. To cut a long story short I got invited to do another class a few moths ago in a small Swedish village called Smålandsstenar (try to say that quickly if you can!!!).

Still a few preclass nervs but once I got going all was fine. As usual my faithful companion (mum) came with me. She is needlesculpting a foot in this photo. Mum is getting pretty good at needlesculpting. She has made a Sock Farie too but mostly she quilts, LOTS!

The thing that never ceases to amaze me is how 9 people, all using the same pattern, can get dolls that have som much character bet yet look so totally different from each other.

Here are all the little Sock Faeries that my students made that day. I had a really great time and I think my students did to. Aren't they all great?!

2 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

They are lovely!! What a great teacher you must be

BumbleVee said...

What fun it would be to come to a class like this....

Original Altered World Dolls