Friday 20 February 2009

W.I.P


Work in progress or should I say "wings in progress"??!!


After much tweaking of Protea's pattern I am now reasonably happy and have started a new doll. As yet she has no face (and no name) but I am really happy with her pose. I took ages of me sitting infront of a big mirror trying out the poses my self to see if the looked natural or not. I probably looked a right charlie!

I think I will deviate from my use of mohair for hair and use this rather fun yarn that I found instead. It's quite "slinky" and has a nice fall to it. I also wanted to do BIG dragon wings for her. I have spent ages thinking about how to make light weight dragon-ish wings. Can't make them to heavy as it will topple the doll backwards and if you want BIG wings they have to be very light. So a bit of wire, some grey organza, some imagination and a bit of FME and I'm starting to get a look that I like. I think I'll be adding some paint too. And maybe melt the edges to give them a crinkly look.

Oh and I knitted a stripy sock..... Love stripy socks! Still got the other one to do. :O)

1 comment:

Bonnie Lee Fontaine said...

Very, very cool! I love the pose and the fingers and the wings and the...Can't wait to see the next step!

Original Altered World Dolls