Monday 23 February 2009

Facing faces...

I think that sometimes the hardest thing to do is paint a face. Specially when you have got so far in the process of the doll that you could mess it up big time. I always get paralysed for a few days before I pick up the courage to face the face.
This doll was extra hard for some reason.
I had such a vivid picture in my mind that I was worried that it just wouldn't turn out the way I wanted it to. A lot of the time what is in my head isn't what comes out of my hand. Does that make sense?
Thankfully she did turn out the way I wanted her to. Actually she turned out better! I always have the intention to write down exactly what colours I use and where I use them. And I do start to write but then I get temporarily moved of in to a different world where drawing is all that matters and I end up having no idea what colours I have or haven't used in the pile of pencils that have accumulated infront of me. And so yet again, the chances of ever creating something similar with the same colours is out of the window and half way down the field....

I guess that is why they call these dolls "one of a kind" as even the artists that create them in the first place can't duplicate them!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, This face is fantastic. what a great effect of otherwordliness you managed to achieve!

Original Altered World Dolls